This is a bad news I got from Fajar today.
Fajar, who’s now living in Wonogiri, was one of my best friends when I was studying in Semarang. We lived at the same dormitory called “Bondet”. We helped each other like we’re brothers. When I ran out money, I often borrowed some from him (he was such a rich student compared to me). I often needed his help when my computer was broken. He knows more about computer than me. Although he’s studying Islamic law, he was a kind of “electric” man. Whatever electrical problems we had, he would be very happy to help.
This morning, I received his SMS, telling me that his baby daughter, who’s born few months ago, just passed away. I called him two weeks ago when he was in an ambulance. He was on the way to the Yogyakarta Sardjito Hospital with his daughter. He told me that the daughter had a problem on her heart. Last week, I contacted him again and the daughter was going to have a surgery. This morning, unfortunately, she has gone.
I can feel what he feels. It must be very tough as she was their first baby. Nevertheless, he showed me a very wise sentence in his message. He said, “Innalillah (We belong to God)… Alhamdulillah (Thank God)…God has asked our daughter back…”
You are right, Brother. The Owner has asked His belonging back...That’s the only way a Muslim should take in dealing with a death. Very tough, but it should be like that.
God bless you and your wife.
may Allah grant them the best reward for their patience. amien.
ReplyDelete